Situated in the very tiny village of Eugenia, Eugenia Falls Conservation Area encompasses 23 hectares of Niagara Escarpment, river valley and upland forests. A part of the Grey County Waterfalls Tour. The all-season trail winds along the edge of 'Cuckoo Valley' with excellent views of the 30m high waterfall and loops past a war memorial and picnic shelter.
This was discovered in 1852 where Eugenia Falls was the scene of “Fools Gold” rush. Later it became the location of five mills and a small private electric plant and by 1905, was the chosen site of the second hydroelectric plant in Ontario. In 1915, Ontario Hydro moved the plant to the north and created Lake Eugenia, allowing more control over the water levels.